Tuesday 21 December 2010

Oh Noooooooo!




Do you remember Mr Bill? That old clay character from Saturday Night Live? He and his dog Spot were forever being smashed in some way to plaintive cries of “Oh noooooo! Mr Bill!” in a high squeaky voice. When I found the pattern online for this ornament this is what first came to mind. I found the idea on this website: http://www.elsiemarley.com/pattern-for-a-half-eaten-gingerbread-man.html

Her instructions are easy to follow and I adapted it to make some smaller ones. I made several medium sized ones to give away to friends and family--and promptly forgot to have Spiderman take a photo of them before giving them away. Oh noooooooo!

But here is a photo of the teeny tiny one I made for our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Our tree is only 3 feet tall so we need small sized ornaments. As you can see someone has been nibbling at his head and leg. The larger ones had more detail that I had to sacrifice for the smaller one, but I still think he is adorable.

You can make one too easy peasy if you follow her directions.

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! Too funny....Shrek has ruined the gingerbread man for me. I can only hear that voice now...

    ReplyDelete