Wednesday 5 September 2018

What We Ate Wednesday--Nacho Bowl

Hello lovelies! It's a very belated What We Ate Wednesday. I seem to have gotten my days mixed up. Here I was thinking it was Tuesday and then Spiderman said "Um...no. It's Wednesday." And I was all like "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Literally. Like that. Running in a circle. Flapping my hands and shouting "Ahhhhhhh!"

Then I calmed down and got stuck into writing a post.

Better late than never, eh?

We just got season 3 and 4 of Inside Number 9 on DVD (squee!) and we were looking forward to watching a marathon of interesting episodes, all with shocking twist endings that make you go "What????" so I had planned a dinner that was quick and easy.

Nacho Bowl.

It's practically not a recipe.

But really delicious and done in about 20 minutes.

Let's get stuck in so I can watch more episodes.

Nacho Bowl
1 onion, diced
a few cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar salsa
1 cup frozen or tinned corn
1-2 tsp chilli powder (optional)

a bag of tortilla chips

some vegan sour cream of plain yogurt if you happen to have it.

Quick and Dirty Cheese sauce based on THIS RECIPE
I use rice flour instead of all purpose flour and add 1/4 tsp each paprika and turmeric for colour. But the rest is exactly as she does it in that recipe in the link above.

Basically, cook the onion and garlic in a little oil or water. Add everything else and simmer while you make the cheese sauce.
Throw some tortilla chips in a bowl, top with the beans and salsa mix, drizzle with cheese sauce and top with a blop of sour cream or yogurt if you have it. Eat. Watch episodes of a cool show. Repeat.

I have posted other recipes that are similar to this...variations on this theme...but this is the most streamlined quick and dirty way to make it.

Now excuse me...I have some more shocking I-didn't-see-that-coming-ending episodes to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment