Saturday 2 May 2020

Why are you demanding ransom money for the Wizard?

"Why are you demanding ransom money for the Wizard? "

These were the words uttered by the Amazing Spiderman as he passed me in my craft room frantically cutting out letters from magazines.

I keep a stash of magazines for this very purpose as you never know when you.might need some unusual lettering for a project.

I spent many hours (way more than I should) last night story boarding my altered book. I have 62 pages to fill and either 61 or 63 ideas.  After some shifting around and combining of a two ideas into one page I now am officially ready to begin making this piece of art. Whew!

And where better to start than the title page.


I decided because collage will be my main form of art that the lettering should have a haphazard quality to it and so "ransom letter" letters would be ideal. I also used some beautiful fancy paper as backing paper.

I did struggle to find the letter Z ( and I needed two of them!) So I had to use a capital N laying on its side!

This worked out really well, so much so I think there will be other pages with paper backgrounds too.  But I also pulled out my watercolour and acrylic paints and will be dabbling  in my practice book tonight so I can begin my first proper illustration tomorrow.

Onward, ho!

1 comment:

  1. Cooler than 9 types of wolf sh*t.
    I agree with T. It's a random ransom note.

    ReplyDelete