Wednesday 26 August 2020

What We Ate Wednesday-Lemon Cumin Paprika Potato Bowl

 Hello lovelies! Life has been hectic lately (in a good way) and so I am always looking for new things to try that closely resemble old things we have eaten that I could cook in my sleep. The same but slightly different. Easy and delicious.

Thanks to my friend Kirsty I have been gifted bags and bags of fabric to upcycle--curtains and duvets and sheets, oh my! All last week i rushed home from work to try to reorganise my craft room so now as soon as I come home from work I want to rush into to my craft room and sew EVERYTHING! 

Last night I had a dream about how to sew a phone case and so I ran home from work as fast as my little legs could carry me and started sketching and cutting and sewing. 

Suddenly, it was gone five pm and I was on the warning side of ravenous--the one where if I do not get a move on will turn into HANGRY. It was my night to cook so i went in and threw together something that was both the same and slightly different.

The same bit:

potatoes boiled in stock

an onion

a bit of red pepper

a tin of beans

some mushrooms

kale

The different bit:

lemon juice

cumin

paprika

This was really nice...made enough to feed three people (or two greedy vegans) and was made in under 30 minutes which allowed me to get back in and get a bit more sewing done before dark. 


Lemon Cumin Paprika Potato Bowl

400g new potatoes, cubed

vegetable stock to boil them in

1 onion, sliced

lots of garlic

5 button mushrooms, sliced

1/4 of a red pepper, diced

1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

100g kale (4 handfuls)

2 tsp cumin

1 tsp smoked paprika

juice of 1 lemon

1. Boil your potatoes in vegetable stock.When they can easily be pierced by a knife, then drain and reserve. 

2.  Meanwhile in another pot cook your onion and garlic in a splash of the vegetable stock from the potatoes until softened. Add the mushrooms, chickpeas and the pepper.When they have softened add the cumin and paprika. Stir to coat then add your kale and cook til reduced with a splash of water or veg stock from the potatoes if they are still boiling. 

3. Add the lemon juice and reserved potatoes. Add salt and pepper if you'd liked.

4. Then eat and go back to creating something wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment