Wednesday 20 November 2019

What We Ate Wednesday--Rosemary, Kale and White Bean Soup

Hello lovelies! It's cold here and by the time I get home from work it is dark and all I want is something quick and healthy. Preferably soup.

This is adapted from a recipe I got from the free magazine at Tesco. Their recipe used cannellini beans, but I used haricots, they used fresh rosemary and I used dried and they used pasta and I just made it without because we were out of pasta. The recipe said it would serve 4 and I suppose with addition of pasta it would have, but it served 2 quite well without it.

Rosemary, Kale and White Bean Soup
1 red onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 a red pepper (optional...I used it because I had it) 
6 garlic cloves, crushed
500g carton passata
100g kale
tin of white beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp dried rosemary
3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
juice of half a lemon
optional: 150g soup pasta (I have no idea what this is...but I suppose regular pasta would do...or leave it out like I did)

1. Cook your onion and carrot and optional red pepper in a splash of water. When starting to soften add your garlic and cook a minute or two more.
2. Add everything else except the lemon juice and kale, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the kale and cook for 5 more minutes stirring every few minutes until the kale has softened and reduced. Add the lemon juice and taste for salt and pepper.
Note: If you are doing the pasta it says to simmer 10 minutes then add the pasta and cook for a further 10 minutes.

This was quick and easy and good on a cold night after a day of being on my feet at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment