Wednesday 4 November 2020

What We Ate Wednesday--Korma Carrot and Butterbean Soup

 Hello lovelies! It's lockdown here again in Wales, so I didn't do a food post last week. Partially because we had not been eating new recipes (staying with safe foods as times are uncertain) and partially because I had lost track of time being in lockdown. 

However, we recently ordered from a local independent business called Case for Cooking (think Penzeys Spices to my American peeps but made in Carmarthen)  and got a Kicking Korma Curry Spice Kit. This is a special spice blend that you use to make fresh curry paste by adding a few ingredients such as tomato puree and ground almonds. Since it arrived we have had curry twice! The first time in a traditional lentil curry and this was just a clean out the fridge sort of soup and I decided to try out the korma paste in a soup and I am so glad I did! If you want to visit their website click on CASE FOR COOKING.  They only ship within the UK, so sorry my American friends! Did I also mention all their spice pots are vegan and gluten free? I cannot love this company enough. 

If you can't get any Case for Cooking curry paste then just use regular Korma curry paste. 



Korma Carrot and Butterbean Soup

1 onion

2 large carrots

half a red pepper

garlic

1 fist sized potato, diced

3 cups hot vegetable stock

half a tin (or a whole tin) coconut milk --I used one of those little 165ml tins

2-3 TB Korma curry paste

1 tin butterbeans, drain and rinsed

black pepper

1. Use a food processor to chop the onion, carrots and red pepper into pea sized amounts. If you don't have a food processor, then just chop really small. 

2. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and potato to a large pot and cover with the hot vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and add the coconut milk and the curry paste. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the veg is tender and then add the butterbeans and cook for 5 more minutes. Grind on black pepper. 

3. That's it. It was quick and easy. And super delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. To anyone out there who thinks love spells don't work, I’m here to tell you that Lord Zakuza love spell is the best and most powerful. I am a wealthy man who has lots of assets and possessions but I have difficulty with women. Whenever I try to settle down with any, we end up breaking up and I had no idea of why I was going through such an experience in my relationship. It was so worrying that I couldn’t be myself anymore and I started searching for help everywhere even at my place of work. I was going through my work activities online and I came across a testimony of a lady called ( Febe Anouk ) regarding how Lord Zakuza helped her to restore her relationship with his love spell, I had to give it a try and I visited Lord Zakuza and I told him everything I was going through. Lord Zakuza consoled and promised to help me out with my situation by preparing a love spell for me. I followed the instructions given by him to me and within 48 hours, my Ex lover came looking for me and pleaded for forgiveness. Since I came in contact with Lord Zakuza, things have changed for good in my life and right now, I am married with two beautiful kids and my home is blessed. All thanks to Lord Zakuza I am forever thankful to you. WhatsApp him on +1 740-573-9483. Try him and your life will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete