Friday 13 April 2012

Mail Order Mysteries

We saw this book on one of the blogs we read called Pop Circus  http://pop-circus.blogspot.co.uk and we knew we had to have a copy. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of my beloved dad and he would have *loved* this book. In his youth I am sure he probably ordered every one of these things out of the back of a comic book. When I was growing up he was always keen to buy me crap like a fly in a plastic ice cube or a springy snake you crammed into a can labelled peanuts when I asked for it.  We bonded more than once over our love of useless tat that promised hours of entertainment.

I am just taking most of this straight from Pop Circus because he's got good pictures and captions. Thanks Anthony!

And thank you Dad. I miss you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I love you with all of my heart.





Horrifying!
Thrilling!
 Exciting!
Disappointing.
(And it's all FREE.... for only $1.00.)


Just add water! Guaranteed to grow disappointment!
Not X-actly what kids X-pected...

Here's to you GLT, best dad the world ever saw, who died too soon.
Love from your Chaunkey-Chaunk.

1 comment: