Use whatever crust you like. I make my own GF one that is quite hardy and whole grain. It is really good and wholemeal-y but not as doughy as a white bread crust would be. Do what you like. Use a store bought crust to make it go quicker. Whatever. But follow the directions for baking it on the label. Because I make my crust from scratch it has to bake 15 minutes on its own before you add the toppings.
1. Before you start putting the crust together, start to slow cook a thinly sliced white onion for about 20-25 minutes and for the last few minutes add some thinly sliced mushrooms to the pan to wilt them.
2. If you are baking from scratch , bake crust 15 minutes then add the toppings. If you are using a pre-made crust, then just add the toppings.
1. Spread your favourite BBQ sauce where the red sauce would be (I make my own because I’m a smarty pants)
2. Add your previously caramelised white onion and mushroom
3. Dot with cashew cheese
4. Then bake for about 5 minutes. You don’t want to bake the smoked tofu too long or it can burn. Ask me how I know. No, don’t as I think you can already guess.
5. Remove pizza from oven, add smoked tofu and cook 5-7 more minutes.
That’s it. Easy peasy and a new take on pizza.