Tuesday 11 December 2012

Dream On

Last night, in anticpation for my birthday today I had a dream that Spiderman had taught all of the tarantulas to do a Mexican Wave. They were all in sync and it was a fantastic sight. When I woke up, I was slightly disapointed because it would have been a neat trick. but as Spiderman said, "Dream on."

We were talking about our plans for tonight and I was so excited about watching The Muppet's Christmas Carol for the umteenth time. Spiderman jokingly said, "Ok but this year the rule is no blubbing." Ha! "Dream on!" I replied. How can a person watch that film without crying? You'd have to have a heart of stone to hear the words "I see a vacant chair by the fireplace and a crutch without an owner. If these shadows remain unaltered I believe the child will die." I am the most frightful blubberbox every time they show that scene after Tiny Tim dies (and even though I know perfectly well, that he doesn't actually die in the end, the scene is so sad it breaks my heart.) The Muppets do it best with the lines at the end of the show:
Rizzo: and Tiny Tim?
Gonzo as Charles Dickens: And tiny Tim....who did NOT die!
Rizzo: Aww, gee that's swell!

Because that's how it feels every year--the relief in knowing that Scrooge had a change of heart and that Tiny Tim did not die makes me feel, as Scrooge says, "as light as a feather, as merry as a school boy."

Tonight I will have sweet dreams after warm, comforting soup and chocolate mint pudding and a lovely film and a beautifully decorated tree knowing I am loved so much. Dream On. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dear Heather I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see the whole thing. a nice cosy picture of the two of you and the muppets.

    ReplyDelete