Wednesday 16 October 2019

What We Ate Wednesday--5 Ingredient Snack Balls

Hello lovelies! I do like a little smackerel of something sweet after dinner. We have gone to hilariously titled "Bliss Balls" as our go-to source of sweetness as they are quick and easy to make and more healthy. Plus they are ball shaped. Who doesn't love balls?

The unfortunate problem with balls (especially chocolate balls) is that they look like...well--balls. Dung balls, to be precise. They do not photograph well in my tiny, poorly lit kitchen.

But they taste delicious.

Therefore, I have taken a photo of the ingredients so you can enjoy and not be like "Where's that dung beetle gone?"

Now, the recipe calls for half a cup of peanut butter. Eagle-eyed viewers may spot extra peanut butter in the photo. I got distracted as i was measuring ingredients while training to be a disco queen to achieve my childhood goals of being an artist, an author and a fabulous glitzy dancer. If this should happen to you I recommend the following steps:

1. Swear. Loudly and with intent.
2. Get a bit tearful that you've ruined the recipe and it will require maths to sort it out.
3. Roughly upbraid yourself for being so stupid, then quickly remind yourself to be kind and give yourself a hug.
4. Bung in a bit of extra cocoa powder and liquid sweetener and roll 'em up.
5. Tell everybody they have extra protein because we all know someone is going to ask you "Where do you get your protein?" If they do shove a snack ball in their mouth to shut them up.

This recipe comes from a library book I had called Bliss Bites by Kate Bradley.

You don't even need a food processor...just a bit of elbow grease.

5 Ingredient Snack Balls
In a bowl stir together until combined:

1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut shreds
1/2 cup peanut butter (or more if you have Dance Fever) 
2.5 TB cocoa powder
2.5 TB liquid sweetener (I used golden syrup)
pinch salt
might need a splash of water or juice if too dry

Roll 'em up. This made 13 for me...but only 12 fit in my container, so what's a Disco Queen to do? Pop it in my mouth and put on my Boogie Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment