Saturday 27 November 2010

We interupt this programme for an important weather bulletin

We have snow! Granted, not very much--more like a dusting of powdered sugar on the grass---but it is snow! It snows every year here, but usually waits until February or early March to do it. Those snows are deeper--often a day off from school sort of snow. This was just like a little dusting that melted when the sun came out. By the time you woke up and found the camera it was starting to melt away. But this might mean there is more, heavier snow on the horizon. Will keep you posted. I leave you with a favourite poem by Robert Frost that perfectly reminds me of our sprinkle of snow.

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

No comments:

Post a Comment