In summer when strawberries are cheap (around £1 a punnet of 500g--roughly one lb in weight) we buy some and freeze them and make ice cream.
Here’s what you have to do. *warning* don’t try this with your regular blender or you will burn your motor out.
1. Check your punnet for any bad or squishy berries
2. Wipe them clean with a damp cloth like you would mushrooms
3. Don’t bother to hull as the Vita-Mix will puree those leaves
4. Put punnet in the freezer overnight.
5. The next day add 1 cup plant based milk (we dig Oatly) to your blender, ¼ cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla essence and the frozen berries. This makes “ice cream” but if you want a “sorbet” add 1 cup water, half a peeled lime and ¼ cup sugar and the frozen strawberries.
|ready to blend|
|all blended up|
Beautiful and fresh tasting. Lovely for warm summer days…not that we’ve actually had any of those lately, but we live in hope.