Thursday 1 December 2016

Three Little Pigs From Home Are We

Just a quick one to show off a project I have been working on for the last week or so.

Our friends Iain and Rachel have had a baby (an adorable daughter named Hazel Gail) and I wanted to make a gift for their son Kieran who is officially a big brother!

For his big brother gift, they bought him a puppet theatre so I thought I should make some puppets to go with it.


I am super stoked at how they came out. They were really fun to make. I picked the story of the Three Pigs because it is a good one for practising sequencing and repetition with the lines 
Wolf: Little pig, little pig, let me come in
Pig: Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin.
Wolf: Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in! 

Plus there is a matching element. Did you see what I did there? Each pig wears a bow tie made of the same colour as their house. 

Lest you think I left wee Hazel out, I did make a beautiful (if I do say so myself) hot air balloon mobile for her cot that I completely neglected to get a photo of before I posted it. 

And I will say that I had so much fun making these puppets (and playing with these puppets, if I am honest) that I might make myself a set!

Happy playing, Kieran! 

2 comments:

  1. They really did come out well; love the whole set. My favorite is the wolf (I love beautiful wolves, and feel this one just needs a little more love and care from his clan to reform). hahaha

    Tell I&R hello from me. Even though I never met them face to face, I feel like I know them well from your stories.

    ReplyDelete