Monday 3 October 2011

Bombay Tofu with millet, mango and roasted vegetables



Youve pressed your tofu, now what do you do? Marinate with this delicious paste!

Bombay tofu

6 tsp mango chutney--we like Geetas mango and chilli chutney
1 tsp ground tumeric--this stuff stains everything a nice shade of yellow so be careful
2 tsp ground coriander (cilantro to my American peeps)
2 tsp ginger I cheat and use BART ginger paste
2 tsp garam masala--I actually used Ras El Hanout which is basically garam masala but with dried ground up rose petals added

Preheat your oven to 200C/400F

Smear each piece of tofu with the paste leaving a bit back for the flip over.
Lay it in a pan on a bit of parchment paper and add what ever vegetables you want to the side.

We only have one oven rack so I have to put everything in the same pan. If you have a normal oven then please feel free to use 2 pans.

Here is what it looks like all squeezed up in one pan:

Thats the tofu then half a red pepper and some tender stem broccoli. I drizzled a bit of oil on the veg then squeezed the juice of half a lime over it and then ground masses of black pepper onto it.

Bake for 10 minutes then flip tofu and smear on the remainder of the marinade  and bake for 10 more.
Isnt that gorgeous???

Serve with millet and fresh mango chunks. I chose millet as it is very high in iron, gluten free and yum. It has a nutty sweet flava that I thought would compliment the tofu.

The mango I scored at the market for £1 and was as big as a babys head. I kid you not. If babys heads really were made out of mangos I would *definitely* be a zombie.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment